Sidste sommer var mine forældre inviteret til studentergilde hos naboens ældste søn, og de skulle bruge et enkelt kort. Det var egentlig ikke så svært at lave et enkelt studenterkort, fordi farverne jo er givet på forhånd: sort, hvid og rød. Jeg brugte et enkelt papir, lidt washitape, nogle få pailetter og en stemplet hilsen. Easy peasy!
Jeg holdt dekorationerne til et absolut minimum med tre enkle pailetter rundt om teksten. Det er underspillet, men jeg synes samtidig, at det virkede fint til et studenterkort til en fyr.
I had this card picked up by Ett Trykk for their washi theme in the August edition of the magazine, so I haven’t been able to show it until now. For this card I went with various washi tapes in black, white and gold. I added them to a white piece of cardstock in a somewhat random “pattern” overlapping the washi tapes and giving most of them a slight turn to one side or the other.
Before I went further with my design, I made sure that the die I wanted to use would fit within my washi taped area. Once I was sure it would I die cut straight through the washi tape and the cardstock. Then I die cut four more word using the same die and sandwiched them under the one covered in washi tape before fitting it back into the area the original die cut had left. This meant that my word popped up against the background and thus became visible against the surrounding pattern.
To finish the card I heat embossed a sentiment in gold on a tiny sliver of black cardstock, added it above the die cut word and then scattered some bling around my sentiment.
I made this card for Ett Trykk’s theme on using washi tape on cards but it wasn’t picked up so I can show it here instead. For this card I used washi tape as you might use patterned paper: I simply ran three strips across the paper where I wanted my main focus to be. To give the background some more dimension, I chose to run some baker’s twine down the middle of the three washi tapes.
I added a custom sentiment (Kram means hugs in Danish) to a frame, dressed the frame up with some stamped and die cut flowers and added the whole thing just below the bow I tied on the baker’s twine. As a final embellishment I scattered some sequins on and around the frame.