For et års tid siden (jøsses…) var Lone og jeg til frokost hos Safa, og jeg havde en lille samling syltede lækkerier med som værtindegave: En rabarberchutney og en rabarbersylt. Begge glas var dekoreret med et låg i stof, baker’s twine og små tags hvorpå der stod, hvad der var i glasset.
På pakken havde jeg sat en lidt større tag, som jeg havde givet en vandfarve-baggund i blå og grøn. Ovenpåm havde jeg stemplet nogle mælkebøtte-agtige blomster fra Clearly Besotteds Dandelion Dreams. Endelig havde jeg dekoreret med lidt pailetter.
Today Ellen turns 2 two and that means we’ve sent her a card celebrating her day. When I made Agnes’ card I also had an idea for another card in my head. This card ended up as Ellen’s birthday card. For this card I did the background using watercolours because I wanted a very subtle background with grass as well as a blue sky.
Once the background had dried (and had spend a few hours under something heavy to be straigthened out) I was able to die cut the balloon directly into the background. I filled the balloon with plenty of sequins which I’ve lately discovered makes a lot of sense because the shaker elements look better with more sequins in it (at least I think so). I added some clouds, a smiling sun and even some raindrops to complete the sky above the elephant.
I used Prismacolor Pencils and Zest-It to colour the elephant and prior to attaching it to the card I tied a yellow bow around its trunk so that it would look like the balloon was tied to the trunk of the elephant. I stamped Ellen’s name and age to the right of the elephant and finally I stamped some tiny tufts of grass along the top of my water colour grass.
Tagged colouring, diecut, Ellen, farveblyanter, farvelægning, kort, Prismacolor, shaker-element, SSS, vandfarve, Wplus9
When participating in Online Card Classes’ Mask-erade we were taught by Debby Hughes how to use liquid masking and water colour to create unique hand drawn patterns. This is a really fun technique and I created two cards that are fairly close to Debby’s designs but I do want to try and create new and different patterns in the future because this was fun! For this first card I hand drew a sunset scene which was easy – what was less easy was colouring it using the water colors: It does look like a sunset but it isn’t as subtle as I might have wanted it to be (here’s a chance to try again another time).
K thinks the sun looks like a Swedish cinnamon roll… I don’t know whether that is praise or not but I can see that it might be a bit swirly.
While I did like the sunset card, I really like Debby’s wood grain pattern and knew I had to give that a go too. I did my card and then I didn’t feel like covering up as much of the wood grain pattern as Debby had done on her original card. This led me to a much simpler embellishment scheme where I just added a word and a few wood dots.
I think this technique of using liquid masking to resist the water colours work really really well for organic patterns like the wood grain. It gives it a very natural look.
Jeg fandt lige dette kort (og faktisk også blogposten uden tekst), som jeg ikke har fået vist frem. Kortet er lavet efter en teknik på OCC Stretch Your Dies kurset, hvor man skulle bruge sine små dies. Det var et voldsomt stort arbejde, og jeg er ikke sikker på, at det var en teknik, jeg ville give mig i kast med igen – måske med lidt større dies og uden først at skulle lave vandfarvet papir med mere. Det generer mig bestemt ikke, at kort tager lang tid at lave, men jeg synes ikke, at resultatet står helt mål med indsatsen 🙂
Til gengæld er jeg ret begejstret for idéen med at montere hilsnen på et stykke lidt større vellum, for det gør hilsnen mere synlig uden at tage fra det mønster, man har nedenunder. Det tror jeg godt, at jeg kunne vende tilbage til inden længe.