Tag Archives: farveblyanter

Ett Trykk: Get well card

0415_sesong_ceciliemalling_01

In the August edition of Ett Trykk we had a get well theme and I created this card for that theme. In Danish the word “monster” can be used to denominate something huge but also something that is really really good. And I used it in that sense here to wish for the reciepient of the card that he would feel much much better.

0415_sesong_ceciliemalling_02

I stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn’s Milo alphabet which has become one of my stable go-to sets when I want to create unique sentiments. I alligned the sentiment towards the top of the white cardstock so that I could make room for two rows of grass beneath the sentiment.

0415_sesong_ceciliemalling_03

My monsters need to have googly eyes! It is as simple as that. They are cute to begin with but once you add googly eyes they are simply perfect. This time around I even managed to use one of my googly eyes with eyebrows because the yellow matched my monster perfectly. How lucky was that?!

—o—

  0008498000000-st-01-prismacolor-colored-pencil-set-48

Tagged , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Black Magic

Sarah introduced me to the Black Magic technique (stamp in white on dark cardstock and add colour using coloured pencils) and I was an instant fan. It is a lot of fun to do Black Magic cards and it is a very different look than when you stamp and colour on a light cardstock.

For my first Black Magic card I used one of my all time favourite Papetrey Ink stamp sets, Stitches and Swirls. I stamped the flowers using Hero Arts’ Unicorn white pigment ink and let the image dry really well before colouring the leaves and flowers using my PrismaColor pencils. For this card I coloured directly onto the black cardstock which is doable because PrismaColor pencils are wax-based.

For my second card I started by stamping and heat embossing the sentiment before I stamped the images using Clearly Besotted’s Dandelion Dreams. When stamping the stems of the dandelions I masked off parts of the flowers as well as the sentiments whereby I achieved some sense of depth in the stamping.

Here I coloured directly onto the stamped part of the card which gives a slightly different Black Magic effect than what I did on the first card. It only goes to show that Black Magic is a technique with many possibilities. I strongly encourage you to give the technique a whirl.

—o—

   0008498000000-st-01-prismacolor-colored-pencil-set-48

Tagged , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Ellen 2 years

Today Ellen turns 2 two and that means we’ve sent her a card celebrating her day. When I made Agnes’ card I also had an idea for another card in my head. This card ended up as Ellen’s birthday card. For this card I did the background using watercolours because I wanted a very subtle background with grass as well as a blue sky.

Once the background had dried (and had spend a few hours under something heavy to be straigthened out) I was able to die cut the balloon directly into the background. I filled the balloon with plenty of sequins which I’ve lately discovered makes a lot of sense because the shaker elements look better with more sequins in it (at least I think so). I added some clouds, a smiling sun and even some raindrops to complete the sky above the elephant.

I used Prismacolor Pencils and Zest-It to colour the elephant and prior to attaching it to the card I tied a yellow bow around its trunk so that it would look like the balloon was tied to the trunk of the elephant. I stamped Ellen’s name and age to the right of the elephant and finally I stamped some tiny tufts of grass along the top of my water colour grass.

—o—

  0008498000000-st-01-prismacolor-colored-pencil-set-48

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 3 Comments

Kitty in trouble…

(Yep, there’s an apostrophe missing in the sentiment.
I’ve added one since it is actually missing from the stamp!)

When I got the My Favorite Things: I Knead You, K suggested a do a card where the kitty lying on his back was tangled in string. I got rather surprised by his suggestion and had to show him this card by Jennifer Mcguire. Obviously, K hadn’t seen it but his idea was pretty close to Jennifer’s – not bad for a non-stamper, I’d say! For the overall design of the card I stayed very close to Jennifer’s although I changed the colours and I chose a patterned paper rather than stamping on the background. I did do the little loop of twine next to the sentiment because I found that to be such a cute detail.

The trouble with K’s idea was that he wanted the string to both go under the kitty’s paws and across his chest. Jennifer only has the string go under the paws but K wasn’t entirely satisfied with the realism of that look. So I had to put on my thinking cap to see if I could satisfy K’s vision. What I ended up doing was cutting the paws free (and colouring their outlines black to make them look better) and pulled the string under each paw. After that I took a second piece of string and tied it around the chest of the kitty. This way I got exactly the look K was after: My kitty now is realistically entwined in the string 🙂 And I couldn’t help myself: I had to add one of the little mice to the scene. Just because they are too cute!

—o—

    0008498000000-st-01-prismacolor-colored-pencil-set-48

Tagged , , , , , , , | 3 Comments