Foruden opgaverne til de seks normale Ett Trykk blade i 2015 blev vi også inviteret til at lave julekort til en jule-særudgave af bladet. Nogle af opgaverne handlede om at lave julekort i bestemte farver: rød, blå, lilla og en fjerde farve, som jeg er i tvivl om, fordi jeg ikke selv fik lavet et kort til den.
Det er altid sjovt at have en bestemt opgave at løse, når man skal lave et kort, så jeg var frisk på udfordringen. Farverne spiller faktisk en større rolle, end man måske umiddelbart tror, for motiverne man vælger, stemningen der bliver sat og dermed med kortets endelige udtryk. Da jeg skulle lave det blå kort, vidste jeg umiddelbart, at jeg ville arbejde med et vintertema snarere end et klassisk juletema. Og når man siger vinter og sne, så er det jo oplagt at finde snemændene frem. Her i denne omgang fik min snemand selskab af et par pingviner, for de er jo også vinteragtige.
Snemanden er fra Lawn Fawn, mens pingviner er fra Create a Smile. De står på en bakke, som er lavet med en Simon Says Stamp die, og himlen bag dem er stemplet med et lille stempelsæt fra Winnie & Walter, som jeg fik i forbindelse med, at de havde fødselsdag.
Det er desværre svært at se på billederne, men kortets tekst er stemplet i en sart lys blå farve allernederst på den sneklædte bakke. Jeg har brugt bling til at illudere sne eller faldende “is”, og så har jeg tilføjet lidt skyer i vellum, som er der uden at gøre for meget opmærksom på sig selv.
I had this card picked up by Ett Trykk for their washi theme in the August edition of the magazine, so I haven’t been able to show it until now. For this card I went with various washi tapes in black, white and gold. I added them to a white piece of cardstock in a somewhat random “pattern” overlapping the washi tapes and giving most of them a slight turn to one side or the other.
Before I went further with my design, I made sure that the die I wanted to use would fit within my washi taped area. Once I was sure it would I die cut straight through the washi tape and the cardstock. Then I die cut four more word using the same die and sandwiched them under the one covered in washi tape before fitting it back into the area the original die cut had left. This meant that my word popped up against the background and thus became visible against the surrounding pattern.
To finish the card I heat embossed a sentiment in gold on a tiny sliver of black cardstock, added it above the die cut word and then scattered some bling around my sentiment.
In the August edition of Ett Trykk we had a get well theme and I created this card for that theme. In Danish the word “monster” can be used to denominate something huge but also something that is really really good. And I used it in that sense here to wish for the reciepient of the card that he would feel much much better.
I stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn’s Milo alphabet which has become one of my stable go-to sets when I want to create unique sentiments. I alligned the sentiment towards the top of the white cardstock so that I could make room for two rows of grass beneath the sentiment.
My monsters need to have googly eyes! It is as simple as that. They are cute to begin with but once you add googly eyes they are simply perfect. This time around I even managed to use one of my googly eyes with eyebrows because the yellow matched my monster perfectly. How lucky was that?!
Today Ellen turns 2 two and that means we’ve sent her a card celebrating her day. When I made Agnes’ card I also had an idea for another card in my head. This card ended up as Ellen’s birthday card. For this card I did the background using watercolours because I wanted a very subtle background with grass as well as a blue sky.
Once the background had dried (and had spend a few hours under something heavy to be straigthened out) I was able to die cut the balloon directly into the background. I filled the balloon with plenty of sequins which I’ve lately discovered makes a lot of sense because the shaker elements look better with more sequins in it (at least I think so). I added some clouds, a smiling sun and even some raindrops to complete the sky above the elephant.
I used Prismacolor Pencils and Zest-It to colour the elephant and prior to attaching it to the card I tied a yellow bow around its trunk so that it would look like the balloon was tied to the trunk of the elephant. I stamped Ellen’s name and age to the right of the elephant and finally I stamped some tiny tufts of grass along the top of my water colour grass.
Tagged colouring, diecut, Ellen, farveblyanter, farvelægning, kort, Prismacolor, shaker-element, SSS, vandfarve, Wplus9