Narwhal birthday

K turns 37 today and I knew that I had to make a card using the narwhal from Lawn Fawn’s Critters in the Arctic for K’s card because he insisted I buy the set because of the narwhal.

I haven’t had a chance to work with the narwhal before now because I haven’t had any grey pencils before now. I absolutely adore how this little guys turned out complete with dark spots and a horn that has some shine to it thanks to glossy accents.

Not only did I want to use the narwhal, I also wanted to try my hand at the Northern lights technique I had seen various places online. It is a fun and easy technique and I can see myself doing many more Northern lights backgrounds in the future.

I build up the scene around the narwhal using layers of vellum to try and achieve the look of very cold almost frozen water. The extra ice floats are stamped on vellum too. I would never have expected it but I’ve come to really love creating these little scenes with the adorable critters from Lawn Fawn – guess you learn something all through your life.

I have added this card to the current Lawnscaping Challenge where you have to use critters on your card.

—o—

0008498000000-st-01-prismacolor-colored-pencil-set-48

This entry was posted in Ubesluttet and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Narwhal birthday

1. Jingle says:

This. is. awesome. Seriously. I just love everything about this card. LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes Week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

2. Linda L says:

Love, love, love it! The spots on it and the Northern Lights makes it perfect!

3. Christiana says:

This is gorgeous! You did an awesome job with your Northern Lights background. Very cool. It really draws the eye. As does your cute Narwhal. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

4. Your northern lights background is Awesome! Love the narwhale scene too!

5. Samantha Casey says:

Amazing card! I love the background you made! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

6. Karin Åkesdotter says:

This is super cute! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge! Hugs, karin

7. Samantha M says:

i just died!!!!
    this is AMAZING!!!!! wow!! that sky – swoon!!!! INCREDIBLE!!!! the coloring and shading on the narwhal….FLAWLESS!! wow!! this is majestic and brilliant!!! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! 🙂

8. Samantha M says:

FYI – i don’t think my first comment went through, and i LOVE this card TOOOO much not to try again!!
    IT’S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sky – swoon!!! i want to live there! and the coloring of the narwhal with the dots….wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM IN LOVE! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! 🙂

9. Fifi says:

I absolutely adore this, the aurora in the night sky are just awesome and the rest of the card just comes together perfectly, brilliant <3